The Legal Services Division was established to ensure that the Board, Superintendent, staff, parents, and members of the community have a single point for legal matters impacting the District.
What We Do:
- Advise and Assist Board, Superintendent and District leadership on legal issues.
- Ensure compliance with the Brown Open Meeting Act and parliamentary procedure.
- Serve as intake point for all claims against the District.
- Process all Public Records Requests (PRA)
- Oversee Labor Relations Department to negotiate and implement collective bargaining agreements and purposefully collaborate with our employee associations.
- Oversee Compliance Department to ensure that the District is in compliance with UCP, Title IX and other laws regulating the District.